Loon Island Outdoors promotes outdoor recreation including canoe tripping and fishing along with everything that goes into a great adventure.
Here are a few of things that I hope our work on Loon Island Outdoors can accomplish:
- Make canoe tripping and backcountry camping more accessible by showing how to get out there and have a great time.
- Give folks a place to start when they want to plan their own trips.
- Share our experiences and adventures. We'll share the good things and also the lessons that we've learned - sometimes the hard way.
- Demonstrate safe and responsible canoeing skills including things like wearing PFD's.
- Model good camping practices that respect park rules and take into consideration Leave No Trace guidelines.
- Help to document the value of our protected wilderness areas including provincial and national parks.
- Promote the continued and even increased protection of our natural heritage.